Troubleshoot, diagnose, disassemble, evaluate, and repair wastewater, booster pumps and pump systems on site at customers locations.
- Assist with the removal and re-installation of customers pumps and equipment
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on customer’s equipment and systems.
- Document necessary information on work orders such as pump information, motor information, cause of failure, parts required, description of problem
- Read exploded views, O & M manuals, and parts list.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, disassemble, evaluate, and repair rotating equipment such as pumps, motors, etc
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and disassemble pump equipment to determine cause of failure, overall condition of pumps and components
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizing and illustrations.
- Clean the parts of the rotating equipment using various methods such as parts washers and sand blasters
- Repair or replace the defective parts, mechanical seals, bearings, shafts, wear rings, O-rings, gaskets and impellers
- Test reassembled electro –mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Use measuring devices and techniques correctly to assure proper sizing.
- Safely use and operate shop equipment such as band saw, drill press, hydraulic press, power tools, surface grinder, jib cranes, bridge cranes, etc…
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Observe all safety policies and procedures.
- Keep work site clean and organized, assist other mechanics with all skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by field service lead or manager.
- Assist other departments with all skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by Service Manager.
Technical Requirements: Basic mechanical aptitude. Ability to operate necessary equipment. Basic math skills, including fractions. Basic knowledge of pumps and electrical equipment.
Ability to lift 75 lbs unassisted.
Experience: At least one year work experience
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call rotating shifts
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Valid Driver's License, safe driving record
- Various customer job sites. Main shop location Albany, NY
Typical start time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Military background